19 11, 2012

Website Content Writing: Dissecting the Term Good Content

Website content writing doesn’t need to play a synonym game: Say what you do, do what you say.  How easy is that? The concept is easy, but the practice of excellent website content writing is one tough cookie. The term ‘good content’ has taken three steps further, too.  We are moving into a territory where

14 11, 2012

Why You Shouldn’t Design Your Own Website

In some businesses, the client is always right.  When it comes to professional website copywriting and design, you are usually wrong.  I'm going to mount my soapbox for a few minutes so if you have a sensitive demeanor, you may want to look away. As a professional copywriter, I work with more than a few

12 11, 2012

Blog Posts as a Guest Blogger

As a professional freelance copywriter, Elspeth Misiaszek is often asked to contribute her voice as a guest blogger.  If you've got a blog you'd like to link us to, please feel free to contact us for more information on our guest blogging services. Interact Media - 5 Tips Every Professional Copywriter Should Know Eco  Traveller

12 11, 2012

Website Content Writing: Incongruous Branding

Website content writing starts with your business identity at its core.  When we discuss incongruous branding, what we really mean is making it all match up perfectly. Every contact information source should have the same information, period. Recently, the 2012 Local Search Ranking Report organized by David Mihm surveyed over 40 SEM companies to determine

11 11, 2012

How to Conquer Personal Travel Writing

Last year, I had the opportunity to travel to India.  I spent over 2 weeks living with Indian families in the Punjabi region, eating home cooked meals and enjoying the tremendous hospitality of my very gracious hosts. When I look back, I feel things that I absolutely, even in travel writing, can't describe.  How do

11 11, 2012

Travel Writing 101 Itineraries

A few days ago, I was asked to review a travel itinerary for an adventure company.  As I struggled to organize the mis-aligned data, I started to think about the information I look for in an itinerary. You see, as a travel writer, I've traveled to over 40 states and several foreign countries.  Travel

8 11, 2012

8 Incredible Resource Blogs for Website Content Writing

Website content writing comprises about 70% of my business. The other 30% are blogging, blog administration, advertising copywriting and inbound marketing writing.  If you want to learn the tips and tricks for developing website content writing, I’m your girl. Let’s not stop there.  My professional copywriting style has been criticized for being frank, genuine and

4 11, 2012

Professional Copywriting: It’s Not About You

Professional copywriting means the client is always right.  Yup, you are always right.  So, when Dr. Jones wanted to write a website that boasted about his years at Drexel Medical School and volunteer work with International Cleft Lip Kids Association, that's the way his site was written. The site boasted about how great he is.